Torso & Stomach Strength
· Lay in back with knees bent so feet touch
the floor. Cross arms over chest. Use
stomach muscles to pull shoulders off floor & chin toward ceiling in a curling motion.
Do sets of 10
Mini Leg Lifts
· Lay on back with arms out to sides or under
hips to keep back straight. Lift legs halfway up, then lower to hover just above
floor without touching floor. Do sets of 10.
Lay on back, chin to chest, shoulders & feet lifted off floor while lower
back presses into floor. Reach fingers toward knees to help maintain position. Use back, stomach, & rear muscles to hold hollow.
Do sets of 10 seconds, increasing to 30 seconds as strength increases.
Same as Hollow Hold, except rock back & forth. Do sets of 10.
· Lay on stomach, arms reach forward. Arch back, lift legs & arms up. Use back muscles to lift. Do sets of 10 seconds, increasing to 30 seconds as strength increases.
· Same position as Superman Hold, except rock
back & forth. Do sets of 10.
· Lay on back with knees tucked into chest,
arms out to sides. Slowly rock knees from side to side, keeping as much of back
on floor as possible (like windshield wipers). One rock from side to side equals
1. Do sets of 10.
Shoulder & Arm Strength
· Handstand with stomach on wall, touch chin
on wall, body tight & stretched. Hold for 10 seconds, increasing to 30 seconds
as strength increases.
· Balance on hands & feet in pushup position,
body straight & tight, shoulders in front of wrists. Gold for sets of 10
· On hands & knees. Keep rear tight. Lower until chin touches floor. Do sets of 10.
· Same as above, except on hands & feet. Do sets of 10.
· Do sets of 10.
· Place legs on hip-height object (like a bed),
hands on floor. Bend at hips, but keep straight line from hands to hips. Lower until forehead touches floor. Do
sets of 10.
on 1 Leg
· Stand tall with hands on hips. Stand on 1 foot, keeping that leg straight. Point toe of other
foot on that ankle. Use ankle muscles to control balance. Hold for sets of 20 seconds on each leg.
Leg Toe Raises
· Same as above, except, rise up onto toes,
then lower to heel. Do sets of 10 on each leg.
Alphabet with Feet
· Lay on back with feet in pike. Keeping toes pointed & legs straight, use toe to write each letter of alphabet in the air. Repeat on other foot.
Jumps in Place
· Stand tall with arms over head. Use ankles to push off floor. Jump high enough for toes to
point in air. Do sets of 20.
· Step up onto step, sofa, etc. with 1 leg straight. Slowly lower back down to start position with front foot still on higher surface. Do sets of 10 on each leg.
· “Sit” against a wall, back on
the wall, knees bent to perpendicular angle to floor, feet slightly in front of knees.
Hold for sets of 20 seconds.
· Roll back to candlestick position, then roll
forward, tuck feet under rear, then jump straight up. Keep arms by ears. Do sets of 10.